Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Suggestion for the Nephews

See... The thing is that I have a couple of completely crazy nephews living in New York. You can read all about them here.

They're nuts about space and the latest mission to Mars.



I was thinking about them, as I often do, and I began to wonder. "Gee... Are there any televisions shows I know of that my culturally deficient sister probably hasn't exposed them to?"





Let's make a list of what Space 1999 has to offer these boys.

1). Cool shots of the moon



2). Guys that stand around debating physics and philosophy in their pajamas.




3). Command center sets with lots of buttons to push.




4). Complicated space missions.




5). Something familiar about this shot.




6). An entire base on the moon.




7). Backdrop paintings of alien worlds.





8). Creepy uncle type character with magnificent hair that they might find familiar.





Thanks,
DCD

2 comments:

  1. 1. You have Andrew and Isaac labels on your blog?
    2. You think about them often?
    3. You think they are completely crazy? GOOD! They ARE!
    4. Alright, alright. I'll look into this collossally cheesy show. How do I find it? Netflix? Hulu? Help me out here, creepy uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and…culturally deficient?!

    My boys can list IN ORDER, who is silliest: Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin or Harpo Marx. Chaplin is first, then Harpo, then Keaton. We have LOTS of weird cultural whatnot going on around here…it's just focused on a different time period, that's all. ;)

    ReplyDelete