Monday, July 9, 2012

Lorie and the iPhone Emergency


Folks,
My wife, Lorie, is the greatest person of ever.  It’s hard to put into words all the many many qualities that make her so awesome and my time with her so much fun.  But it’s VERY easy to explain it in a series of stories.
Lorie’s relationship with her all-important iPhone has always been a little puzzling to me.  A couple days after getting our first iPhones, we were both in Heaven over the device and therefore I was surprised to come home one day and find a sticky note on the back of her iPhone.  A sticky note?  The most advanced pocket computer on the planet and you’ve written a grocery list on a sticky note and stuck it on the BACK OF YOUR IPHONE?
She laughed me off and said:  “It’s so I remember we need groceries.”
So… much…wrong… with… that.
Lorie has spent a lot of time playing games on her iPhone.  Angry Birds, Zombie Farm, and Tiny Tower are the current favorites, I think.  I’m not a game player.  It’s perplexing to me at night when we’re supposed to be watching a show together.  More often than not, a show SHE picked out.  And yet, I look over and she’s firing a tiny bird at zombies building a tower, or some such nonsense.  When I question her on this, I get reminded that my chosen role is just to sit on the other end of the couch rubbing her feet.  And regardless whether she’s watching the show or playing her games, I’m getting what I wanted.
So… there’s that.
Lorie loses her iPhone often.  Lorie misplaces a lot of things, and does this often.  But the misplacing of the iPhone is something that plagues us quite a lot.  It’s not a disposable item like the car keys or the latest grocery receipt for the budget or the cat.  This is the iPhone… and we must find it as soon as possible.
The other day, Lorie grabs my iPhone to help her out in the search for her iPhone, lost yet again.  She uses my device to call hers, and then goes running through the house trying to pinpoint the ringing.  Cuteness abounds.  She finds her iPhone on a random shelf of a bookcase in the middle of the hallway.  The suspects are three in count.  Ashton, Alex and Lorie herself are all repeating offenders when it comes to not putting things back in their proper place.  Katie and I are the only right-thinking individuals in the family, as far as being organized is concerned.  
“How did it get here?”  Lorie yells, exasperated.
“Oh Heaven only knows how it would end up on a shelf outside of the hall bathroom.” I smirk in a smarmy, arrogant manner.
“It wasn’t me!”  Lorie defends herself.  “It must have been one of the kids.  I NEVER put it here.”  She’s truly annoyed.  “And it looks like I even missed a call!”  She checks the notification on her screen.  “And it was from you.  Why would you call me?”
I smile.
She looks at me.  Waits, and then looks down at her iPhone again. 
A smile slowly spreads on her face as she realizes the call was from her using my iPhone during her hunt.
She looks up.
I’m still smiling.
Not waiting for me to say anything, she hauls back and punches me in the chest.
Thanks,
DCD

4 comments:

  1. Good one! Thank you

    KRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens about every other day.

    Love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should set her up 90's style. Get a phone case with a clip attached to it and get her a super cool chain to attach from the phone to her pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "disposable item like car keys"? I totally get the post-it note on the phone!! grandmama1024

    ReplyDelete